Thursday, December 13, 2007

Two Fixes in One

Now that I'm just waiting around for the new software patch due in January, I've finally found time to call Verizon about the other problems I've been having since I got FiOS installed: telephone interference and a wireless connection that keeps going out.

Turns out the two were connected.

I started with the wireless problem. My kids' computer, which uses a wireless connection to the router, kept losing its connection. It was fine before FiOS was installed and the computer and router are in the exact same place as before. Also, when the connection wasn't out, it was strong.

The woman at tech support said the problem may be another wireless device interfering with the wireless router. So we switched the channel the wireless router uses and that solved the problem.

It also solved the phone interference problem.

Looks like the wireless phones were interfering with the wireless router and vice-versa.

Now if I could just get the DVR to work...

No comments: