Saturday, November 10, 2007

Confusing, stupid, infuriating...

There are so many goofy things going on with the DVR and set-top box that I'm really frustrated.

Yesterday, there was another episode where I turned the TV and set-top box on and there was no picture, even though the indicator light said that the set-top box was on. Again, I had to unplug the set-top box and re-set it for things to work (which takes a little while).

Then today I went to play a show my kids like that I just started to record. The DVR showed that the duration of the program was 0:00. When I selected it in the DVR menu, I got a message saying that there was an error recording the show and that it was likely due to the fact that the show was on a channel we aren't subscribed to. Guess what my kids are doing right now? Watching the very same show, because it is on a channel that we do, in fact, get. Grrrrr.

There are other times when you turn on the TV and set-top box and you get some kind of FiOS welcome screen telling you that your programming is being retrieved or something like that. On those occasions, I have to wait 30 seconds or so to watch anything.

No comments: