Thursday, November 29, 2007

Mystery Solved...I Think

I got a voicemail today from somebody at Verizon explaining that the problems I've been experiencing are "known issues" and that a software patch scheduled for January will solve my problems.

Apparently it wasn't "known" to all of the customer service reps, the supervisor, and the technician who came to the house twice. When somebody from Verizon called later in the day, I expressed my frustration about having this go on for a month while this was a supposedly "known" issue. She insisted that the customer service people had to go through procedures to rule out other problems, and that the problem I'm experiencing is rare. After going back and forth with her for a few minutes about how they really ought to let their own people know about "known" issues, I gave up and thanked her for calling.

I'm looking forward to more fat credits on my bill.

No comments: