Sunday, November 18, 2007

Now I'm Pissed

Well guess what happened to set top box #2 (which arrived just four days ago)? That's right, it's started to do the same thing as the old box that they replaced: You go to turn it on and the indicator lights say it's already on but the TV screen is black.

I called Verizon yet again (I ought to put them on speed dial) and learned that the wait for a representative would be close to a half-hour and would I like them to call me back. Sure, I told the computer, call me back. So they called back in about a half and hour and put me on hold again. When a human came on, I told him my tale of woe and he put me on hold yet again. When he came back he told me that there was nothing he could do and that their "video department" would call me back within the next 48 hours.

That's right, 48 hours.

That's some customer service you got there, Verizon.

1 comment:

xkahn said...

Dave, you're taking this all WAY too personally. Just remember -- it's just TV. You left a comment on my blog referring to yours, so I read it all the way through.

I agree that the DVR software is pretty but buggy and missing functionality. I was used to TiVO, so everything seems harder.

I've gotten the black screen bug as well, but usually fixed it by simply turning off the box and turning it back on. Or something similar -- I've never had to unplug it.

It'll be nice to go back to TiVO when I do. But until then, it's pretty much good enough.